Got a Question?

Ask me any property related question











Is HDB Valuation compulsory? If I am not taking up a bank loan or using CPF?

If you are not taking loan or CPF, HDB valuation is not compulsory. However, most buyers who pay fully using cash, will still be concerned if he/she is overpaying, hence will still apply for valuation to be safe. If you are still concerned, it is advisable to engage an agent to give you a professional opinion. The valuation/agent fees are negligible compared to the purchase price figures we are talking about.

What is the norm COV for HDB resales flat now? Since valuation can only be done after OTP issued, what is the acceptable range currently? Thank you.

It depends on the town and proximity to amenities, but generally the trend is limited or no COV, unless you are talking about unique projects in mature towns like Pinnacles @ Duxton. If you are concerned, it is best to engage an agent who can give you an idea of the comparable transaction figures nearby and based on unit condition, derive a good offer for you.

I am a PR in Singapore and will like to buy a Semi-D house. Can i buy?

A foreign person who wishes to purchase a landed residential property is required to seek Government approval. A foreign person means any person who is not a – 

  • Singapore citizen;
  • Singapore company;
  • Singapore limited liability partnership; or
  • Singapore society

What types of property must a foreign person seek approval to purchase?

  • Vacant residential land;
  • Terrace house;
  • Semi-detached house;
  • Bungalow/detached house;
  • Strata landed house which is not within an approved condominium development under the Planning Act (eg. townhouse or cluster house); 
  • Shophouse (for non-commercial use);
  • Association premises;
  • Place of worship; and
  • Worker’s dormitory/service apartments/boarding house (not registered under the provisions of the Hotels Act).

What types of property can a foreign person purchase without approval?

  • Condominium unit;
  • Flat unit;
  • Strata landed house in an approved condominium development;
  • A leasehold estate in a landed residential property for a term not exceeding 7 years, including any further term which may be granted by way of an option for renewal; 
  • Shophouse (for commercial use); 
  • Industrial and commercial properties; 
  • Hotel (registered under the provisions of the Hotels Act); and
  • Executive condominium unit, HDB flat and HDB shophouse.